Governance and Policies
The Saint Peter Claver Foundation is governed by an independent Board of Directors, which is responsible for ensuring that the Foundation manages its finances, operations and grantmaking programs to advance its mission and goals. The board sets the strategic direction of the Foundation and oversees its governance as set forth in a set of documents, including its bylaws, board committee charters and policies.
The board believes that, as a tax-exempt organization, it is accountable to the people it serves. Accordingly, we provide information in this section about the foundation's governance structure and the policies that govern its operations and the activities of its directors and staff.
- Strategic Plan (PDF) - This plan is designed to address issues of spirituality, health, educations and a variety of services needed in our defined community. We the St. Peter Claver Foundation strongly believe there is a role to be fulfilled in the continuation of the work of our benefactor St. Peter Claver the patron saint of the Negro. Although these are different times.... Read more!
- Bylaws (PDF) - This documet sets forth the rules governing the operations of the Board of Directors, board committees, officers and related matters.
- Board of Directors - This page describes the role of the SPCF's Board of Directors and the rules governing its composition and operations.
- Board Committees - This page describes the functions of the board's standing committees and provides links to the committee charters.
- Policies - This page provides information about the Foundation's key policies, including its Conflict of Interest Policy and Financial Responsibility Policy.
We welcome your comments on our governance and policies or on other aspects of our operations.